Monday, October 13, 2014

First solo exhibition at 1078 gallery

It has been almost two months since I got back from my a year traveling. While I was away, I had to move to a new place, which I absolutely love. School started in late August and it was, I have to say, rather hard at the beginning. Regarless, I push myself to make work for this show and am pretty happy with the outcome.

Here is the gallery after installation. I had about 40 stuffed creatues, 80-90( I did not count exactly how many) heads in plastic boxes, a big drwaing, and framed small prints and drwaings. 

This is a shot from the other side of the gallery. 1078 gallery is located in dowtown Chico, a beautiful small town/ city in North of San Francisco. I showed some of old work of mine that were made from 2009 to 2011 to show the transition of my work. Some of my latest work, the Humanshop and Humanity Bites were shown as main pieces of the show.
This is a close up shot.
I have never installed my work in this way. It was challenging at the beginning but turned out to be super fun! 
I had Somebody made shelves for me, then I painted them with some polkadots.

Each creature has each shelf. The wall of the gallery is 65 feets so that it is extremly challenging to take photos as a whole. In the mean time,  I had fun taking some close up shots.

Many people came for the opening and I enjoyed talking to people who came. Unfortuntately, I was so busy taking puctures. There were some Korean students from California State University Chico who brought beatiful flowers. 

The day after the opening, I had a waterless lithography workshop at CSU Chico. Students made some amazing artwork at the workshop.









No comments:

Post a Comment